Discover the Sepha PakScan at FoodTech Qld 2022
The show that’s only hosted every three years, is the destination food event bringing the latest advancements in food and beverage manufacturing. This year, the show has moved to a new location, taking place in the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Broadbeach, Queensland, where you can meet expert suppliers across processing and packaging equipment, plant equipment, ingredients, food science & technology, supply chain & logistics and much more.
Flexible Packaging Integrity Testing
OFI are giving customers a unique opportunity, as it will be the first time the PakScan will be available for live demonstrations at the show. The PakScan is a deterministic seal integrity tester developed to identify gross holes, leaks and weak seals in pouches, sachets, bags, stick packs and other non-porous flexible packaging. Key benefits include:
- Unlike traditional methods including the bubble leak test and dye penetration test, the system is non-destructive. Packs that have passed the test can be returned to the production line, reducing waste and associated cost.
- The system can identify gross holes, leaks and weak seals down to 10μm (pack and material dependent) in up to 10 packs simultaneously within 30 seconds.
- The method provides deterministic and objective results, visualised on the result screen via a pass or fail for each individual packet.
- The machine offers a range of standard configurations to include 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 or 10 packs ranging from small foil packs to large PVC bags. The technology can be adapted to accommodate specific requirements.
- The PakScan is suitable for flexible packaging made from non-porous material including PVC, PVDC, Aclar and Aluminium foils and laminates.
- The machine also includes software developed for manufactures that need to comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11. The software enables safe interaction between the machine, data reports and audit trails, protecting reports from being edited or deleted.
To see a demo of the Sepha PakScan or discuss any of your leak test requirements in more detail, visit OFI Weigh & Inspection Solutions at FoodTech QLD 2022 on stand K12.