EZ Blister Autofeed is a low-volume, lab-scale blister packaging machine with material autofeed.
The Sepha EZ Blister AutoFeed is a small blister pack machine with material auto feed, that is designed to create high quality blister packaging with minimum operator input.
The Sepha EZ Blister AutoFeed is ideal for facilities requiring low volume packaging solutions. The machine allows small scale operations flexibility and efficiency in low volume blister packaging. Its reel tensioning technology feeds material directly from the reel, increasing speed of forming and sealing operations.
The small blister pack machine offers a 3-in-1 manufacturing process including forming, sealing and perforating/cutting.
Forming material is fed from the reel to create trays that are formed to exact product requirements.
The formed trays are sealed using knurled or heat sealing plates with lidding material fed from the reel holder. Product traceability can be achieved by choosing the option of code embossing the lidding material.
- Perforating & Cutting
The sealed trays are cut and perforated using a precision die cutter.
- Customizable to individual commercial and manufacturing requirements
- Forming & Sealing Materials fed from reel holder using reel tensioning system to increase efficiency and reduce operator input
- Rollers hold material in place and feed predetermined length through system for forming or sealing
- Reel tensioning roller technology holds foil taut to ensure highest achievable level of foil tension when sealing
- Easy setup via HMI and minimal training required
- Tool-less changeover of format parts in less than 2 minutes
- Cold forming capability
- Perforated cutting tools (optional)
- All machine parts either grade 304 stainless steel, anodized aluminium or PTFE
- PTFE coated forming plates & knurled or heat sealing plates
- Operating speed of approx. 300 cycles per hour for forming and approx. 200 for sealing/cutting
- Pack type
- Pack Dimensions
Max. format area: 180mm x 120mm / Max. thermoform depth: 14mm / Max. coldform depth: 12mm (Dependent on material type and cavity profile)
Stainless Steel (Grade 304)
- User Interface
Touchscreen HMI, hand operated regulators, push buttons
Temperature: 0 – 200°C settable ±1 °C / Pressure: 0.2 – 0.6 MPa (Force: 6.3 – 18.8 kN) / Timers: 0 – 99.9 sec settable ±0.1 sec / Counter: 0 – 9999 cycles
Electrical: Min. 110V Single phase, 15A – Min. 230V Single phase, 6.5A / Air: Min. 250L/min at 0.6Mpa [ISO8573-1:2010 CLASS 2]
- Operating Speed
Approx. 300 cycles per hour for forming and approx. 200 for sealing/cutting
- Tooling Changeover
- Tooling warm-up
Approx. 10-15 minutes
- Machine Dimensions
715mm (L) x 715mm (W) x 1425mm (H) (Approx)
Machine: 238kg / Tooling: 12kg / Shipping: 300kg (inc. tooling)
Supplied with a 12-month warranty. (Extended warranties are available for additional support).
- Pack type
The Sepha EZ Blister AutoFeed is ideal for producing small batches of high quality blister packs in:
Pharmaceutical Research and Development laboratories
- Clinical trials
- Stability studies
- Package development
- Marketing samples
Pharmaceutical production and packaging departments
Low volumes which may not normally be economic on high speed fully automatic lines can be turned around quickly on the Sepha EZ Blister AutoFeed, e.g. packing small batches of specialist drugs.
More control for R&D labs
- Bring your blister packing in-house instead of booking time on production lines or outsourcing to a third party – minimises delays, allowing your new drug product to get to market sooner
- Every day saved in the R&D lab is a day of extra profits in the marketplace
Flexible pack design
- Blister pack using a variety of materials, novel shapes, sizes or perforations – allows the full range of possibilities to be explored for pack development in the R&D lab
- Offers increased flexibility to contract packers
High quality blisters
- Reproducible, production quality packaging
- Fast & easy set-up – no specialist knowledge is required to operate EZ Blister AutoFeed so there is no need for an engineer to be present
Compact, portable design
Table top design for convenient blister packaging
Reduce R&D time
- Sepha can design your new blister packs. This is especially useful for customers who conduct clinical trials. We can advise them how to rationalise the number of different tools needed, even if the lab needs to package many different products
More economical for batches up to 20,000 units
- Fully cGMP compliant, so it is quick to clean – requires 5 minutes
- Fast 2-minute changeover – reduces down-time between production batches
Looking to outsource?
Discover our blister design, development and packaging services for your low volume requirements