EZ Blister is a laboratory blister packaging machine for low volume requirements
The Sepha EZ Blister is a table top blister packaging machine, ideal for packaging tablets, capsules, ampoules, sachets, pouches and other products.
The machine has a range of options that can be selected to tailor and format the machine to meet individual commercial, manufacturing and technological requirements.
The Sepha EZ Blister offers a 3-in-1 manufacturing process for low volume blister packaging including forming, sealing and perforating/cutting.
Through either thermoforming or coldforming trays are formed to exact product requirements.
The formed trays are sealed with pre-cut pieces of the selected lidding material using knurled or flat heat sealing plates. Product traceability can be achieved by choosing the option of code embossing.
- Perforating & Cutting
The sealed trays are cut and perforated using a precision die cutter.
The table top blister packaging machine can help departments involved with clinical trials, stability studies, specialist drugs or packaging development as it’s designed to create small batches. The Sepha EZ Blister eliminates the need to interrupt busy schedules of Production departments, saving time and money. It also gives more freedom to plan and budget smaller projects as and when required.
- Customizable to individual commercial and manufacturing requirements
- Easy setup via HMI and minimal training required
- Compact space saving bench top design
- Precision engineered knurled or heat sealing plates
- Forms from pre-cut pieces of forming material
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) function available as an optional extra.
- Cold forming capability
- Tool-less changeover of format parts in less than 2 minutes
- All machine parts either grade 304 stainless steel, anodized aluminium or PTFE
- Perforated cutting tools (optional)
- Teflon coated forming plates
- Operating speed of approx. 200 cycles per hour for any single operation
- Pack Dimensions
Max. format area: 180mm x 120mm / Max. thermoform depth: 14mm / Max. coldform depth: 12mm (Dependent on material type and cavity profile)
Stainless Steel (Grade 304)
- User Interface
Touchscreen HMI, hand operated regulators, push buttons
Temperature: 0 – 200°C settable ±1 °C / Pressure: 0.2 – 0.6 MPa (Force: 6.3 – 18.8 kN) / Timers: 0 – 99.9 sec settable ±0.1 sec / Counter: 0 – 9999 cycles
Electrical: Min. 110V Single phase, 15A, Min. 230V Single phase, 6.5A / Air: Min. 250L/min at 0.6Mpa [ISO8573-1:2010 CLASS 2]
- Operating Speed
Approx. 200 cycles per hour for any single operation
- Tooling Changeover
- Tooling Warm-up
Approx. 10-15 minutes
- Machine Dimensions
715mm (L) x 655mm (W) x 555mm (H)
Machine: 138kg / Tooling: 12kg / Shipping: 200kg (inc. tooling)
Supplied with a 12-month warranty. (Extended warranties are available for additional support).
- Pack Dimensions
The Sepha EZ Blister is ideal for producing small batches of high quality blister packs in:
Pharmaceutical Research and Development laboratories
- Clinical trials
- Stability studies
- Package development
- Marketing samples
Pharmaceutical production and packaging departments
Low volumes which may not normally be economic on high speed fully automatic lines can be turned around quickly on the Sepha EZ Blister, e.g. packing small batches of specialist drugs.
More control for R&D labs
- Bring your blister packing in-house instead of booking time on production lines or outsourcing to a third party – minimises delays, allowing your new drug product to get to market sooner
- Every day saved in the R&D lab is a day of extra profits in the marketplace
Flexible pack design
- Blister pack using a variety of materials, novel shapes, sizes or perforations – allows the full range of possibilities to be explored for pack development in the R&D lab
- Offers increased flexibility to contract packers
High quality blisters
- Reproducible, production quality packaging
- Fast & easy set-up – no specialist knowledge is required to operate the Sepha EZ Blister so there is no need for an engineer to be present
Compact, portable design
Table top design for convenient blister packaging
Reduce R&D time
- Sepha can design your new blister packs. This is especially useful for customers who conduct clinical trials. We can advise them how to rationalise the number of different tools needed, even if the lab needs to package many different products
More economical for batches up to 20,000 units
- Fully cGMP compliant, so it is quick to clean – requires 5 minutes
- Fast 2-minute changeover – reduces down-time between production batches