EZ Blister MAP offers Modified Atmospheric Packaging options (MAP).
The Sepha EZ Blister MAP is small scale blister packing machine with Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP) capabilities for use in the laboratory or in production.
The small scale blister packing machine enables users to purge blister or medical device packaging with a gas type specific to their requirements. It is ideal for facilities requiring low volume packaging solutions.
Forming material is fed from the reel to create trays that are formed to exact product requirements.
- Sealing & Purging
The formed trays are sealed using knurled or flat heat sealing plates with lidding material fed from the reel holder. Product traceability can be achieved by choosing the option of code embossing the lidding material. The trays are purged with gas in a chamber before final sealing.
- Perforating & Cutting
The sealed trays are cut and perforated using a precision die cutter.
If you’d like to discuss any Modified Atmospheric Packaging requirements for your pharmaceutical products, get in touch on +44(0)28 9048 4848, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.
- Customizable to individual commercial and manufacturing requirements
- Forming & Sealing Materials can be fed from reel holder
- A purge chamber is included with the system enabling MAP capabilities
- Easy setup via HMI and minimal training required
- Tool-less changeover of format parts in less than 2 minutes
- Cold forming capability
- Perforated cutting tools (optional)
- All machine parts either grade 304 stainless steel, anodized aluminium or PTFE
- PTFE coated forming plates & knurled or heat sealing plates
- Operating speed of 200 cycles per hour for any single operation
- Pack Type
- Pack Dimensions
Max. format area: 180mm x 120mm / Max. thermoform depth: 14mm / Max. coldform depth: 12mm (Dependent on material type and cavity profile)
Stainless Steel (Grade 304)
- User Interface
Touchscreen HMI, hand operated regulators, push buttons
Temperature: 0 – 200°C settable ±1 °C / Pressure: 0.2 – 0.6 MPa (Force: 6.3 – 18.8 kN) / Timers: 0 – 99.9 sec settable ±0.1 sec / Counter: 0 – 9999 cycles
Electrical: Min. 110V Single phase, 15A – Min. 230V Single phase, 6.5A / Air: Min. 250L/min at 0.6Mpa [ISO8573-1:2010 CLASS 2]
- Operating Speed
Approx. 200 cycles per hour for any single operation
- Tooling Changeover
- Tooling warm-up
Approx. 10-15 minutes
- Machine Dimensions
715mm (L) x 715mm (W) x 1425mm (H) (Approx)
Machine: 238kg / Tooling: 12kg / Shipping: 300kg (inc. tooling)
Supplied with a 12-month warranty. (Extended warranties are available for additional support)
- Pack Type
The Sepha EZ Blister MAP is ideal for producing small batches of high quality blister packs in:
Pharmaceutical Research and Development laboratories
- Clinical trials
- Stability studies
- Package development
- Marketing samples
Pharmaceutical production and packaging departments
Low volumes which may not normally be economic on high speed fully automatic lines can be turned around quickly on the Sepha EZ Blister MAP, e.g. packing small batches of specialist drugs.
More control for R&D labs
- Bring your blister packing in-house instead of booking time on production lines or outsourcing to a third party – minimises delays, allowing your new drug product to get to market sooner
- Every day saved in the R&D lab is a day of extra profits in the marketplace
Flexible pack design
- Blister pack using a variety of materials, novel shapes, sizes or perforations – allows the full range of possibilities to be explored for pack development in the R&D lab
- Offers increased flexibility to contract packers
High quality blisters
- Reproducible, production quality packaging
- Fast & easy set-up – no specialist knowledge is required to operate the EZ Blister MAP so there is no need for an engineer to be present
Compact, portable design
Table top design for convenient blister packaging
Reduce R&D time
- Sepha can design your new blister packs. This is especially useful for customers who conduct clinical trials. We can advise them how to rationalise the number of different tools needed, even if the lab needs to package many different products
More economical for batches up to 20,000 units
- Fully cGMP compliant, so it is quick to clean – requires 5 minutes
- Fast 2-minute changeover – reduces down-time between production batches
Looking to outsource?
Discover our blister design, development and packaging services for your low volume requirements