Quality starts with Sepha – Introducing the Sepha Multi-Q at Pack Expo
SEPHA TO LAUNCH NEW, MULTI-FUNCTIONAL LEAK TEST SYSTEM FOR RIGID & FLEXIBLE PACKAGING AT PACK EXPO CHICAGO
Sepha will be launching its latest innovation for rigid and flexible packaging, the Sepha Multi-Q on the booth of distributor Thomas Packaging, #W-721 at Pack Expo Chicago from October 14 – 17, 2018. The Sepha Multi-Q is a standalone, multi-functional, non-destructive leak test system that can be used in combination with interchangeable test methods to fit the full range of container types available on the market today.
This multi-functional system offers an all-in-one solution to test the integrity of all types of rigid and flexible packaging including sachets, pouches, bags, bottles, vials, ampoules, trays, devices and modified atmosphere packaging (MAP). Using non-destructive methods including vacuum decay, pressure decay and a vacuum flexible membrane, the Sepha Multi-Q provides the flexibility to leak test different containers in variable sizes for defect types including cracks, channels, gross holes as well as pinholes down to 5µm.
All-in-one, regulatory approved solution
The Sepha Multi-Q has been developed for the pharmaceutical, medical device and nutraceutical industries providing a multi-functional, cost effective and reliable packaging leak test system for manufacturers of rigid and flexible packaging that require high levels of quality control and cost reduction.
The lab-scale unit has a small footprint and offers the flexibility to switch between test methods depending on product and specified test requirements. Test methods can be easily changed and are automatically detected by the system once in place. The relevant recipes for the selected method will be available to start testing immediately.
Our non-destructive and deterministic test methods provide quick, reliable and repeatable results enabling customers to improve the accuracy of their leak detection procedures and reduce cost as the method prevents the packaging from being damaged.
The testing methods compatible with the Sepha Multi-Q include:
- Flexible Membrane – Tool-less, non-destructive, deterministic leak tester for semi-flexible and flexible packaging including pouches, sachets and bags. Using hybrid membrane technology, the flexible head utilizes the ASTM F2338-09(2013) test method to perform the leak test.
- Vacuum Decay – Non-destructive, deterministic, quantitative test method using vacuum decay to identify leaks and channels leaks down to 5µm. Bottles, ampoules, vials, BFS, medical devices, PFS, pouches and trays can be tested in a rapid test time as low as 10 seconds.
- Pressure Decay – Non-destructive, deterministic, quantitative test method using pressure decay to test any liquid filled bottles, vials and ampoules
- Ramp to Event – Destructive, deterministic, quantitative test method using pressure/vacuum to ramp to a failure event. Used for component testing to detect weak welds/seals etc.
- Ramp to Proof Pressure – Non-destructive, deterministic, quantitative test method using pressure/vacuum to ramp to a target pressure.
- Occlusion – Non-destructive, deterministic, quantitative test method using pressure drop/time. Typically used to test parts that must remain open to function correctly.
- Sepha VisionScan
- Sepha BottleScan
- Sepha PakScan
- Sepha PressOut Universal
- PressOut Universal Mini
- Sepha EZ Blister